1 About this role
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business that thrives on delivering the best experience possible to our customers and colleagues.
We strive to provide our customers with a high quality of care, recommending products to improve their health and lifestyle.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Practice Manager who will serve as a driving force for our store’s progress, setting standards, inspiring employees, and leading by example. You will be working closely with the Practice Manager.
You will be part of a team making a difference in a clinical retail setting. If you are flexible with your working hours, to cover shifts across our practice opening hours, join us!!!
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the clinic, and part of your role will be working closely with the staff to develop them to deliver a high level of service and sales.
- Assuring compliance with the clinical governance agenda by promoting high standards among team members.
- Maintains a culture where we pro-actively support life-long optician’s customers
- Promoting active care in the store, ensuring the health and safety of customers and colleagues.
- Contribute to the store succession plan by developing talent for key roles within it.
- Responsible for ensuring that all cash accounting policies are implemented and adhered to within your store.
2 What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Attractive Bonus Scheme
- Staff discount
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Numerous opportunities for career progression and continuous training to help you develop your knowledge.
- Access to reward gateway to third-party discounts and wellbeing options.
3 What you'll need
You must have at least one year of optical experience along with at least three years of work experience in total.
To be successful in this role you should have a professional attitude, a caring personality, and the desire to assist others.
- Communicate effectively, both individually and in groups.
- Maintain a high level of excellence in leading and executing the business plans and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Develop a positive, energising environment for teams working at pace and with a focus on delivery
- Be a team player and maintain good relationships with your teammates and customers.
- Knowledge and understanding of opticians’ practice is required at a minimum.
4 Our diversity commitment
Wessex Optical is a consciously inclusive employer, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.