1 About this role
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business that thrives on delivering the best experience possible to our customers and colleagues.
We strive to provide our customers with a high quality of care, recommending products to improve their health and lifestyle.
We are seeking an enthusiastic FBDO Qualified Dispensing Optician to join our team who will serve as a driving force for our store’s progress, setting standards, inspiring employees, and leading by example. You will be working closely with the Practice Manager and Optometrist.
You will be part of a team making a difference in a clinical retail setting. If you are flexible with your working hours, to cover shifts across our practice opening hours, join us!!!
As a dispensing optician, you are responsible for dispensing and fitting spectacles, as well as other optical aids, using prescriptions that have been written by optometrists. Your role will involve advising patients on various types of lenses and spectacle frames, including style, weight, and colour considerations.
- Provide excellent customer service and demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
- Interpret optical prescriptions written by optometrists or ophthalmologists.
- Assist patients in wearing and caring for their glasses and contact lenses.
- Take frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning.
- Provide coaching to assistants in order to create a high level of customer engagement.
- Advise partially sighted patients on the use of low vision aids.
- Assist patients with adjusting or repairing spectacles when necessary and fit contact lenses and provide advice on their care and use.
- Select, manage, and order a wide range of optical products.
- Ensure that the lenses meet the specified specifications when they are delivered.
- Provide supervision and training for trainee dispensing opticians.
- Maintain accurate records of patients and business transactions.
- Ensure effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
2 What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Staff discount
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Numerous opportunities for career progression and continuous training to help you develop your knowledge.
3 What you'll need
You must have at least at least three years of work experience in total.
To be successful in this role you should have a professional attitude, a caring personality, and the desire to assist others.
- Communicate effectively, both individually and in groups.
- Maintain a high level of excellence in leading and executing the business plans and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Develop a positive, energising environment for teams working at pace and with a focus on delivery
- Be a team player and maintain good relationships with your teammates and customers.
- Negotiating & influencing skills
- Practical skills with the ability to handle special equipment
4 Our diversity commitment
Wessex Optical is a consciously inclusive employer, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.